Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dude, I got a problem. After reading the thread about the "cracking frame"-syndrome I just felt I had to check out the space between my frame and engine spacer. However to check that I obviously had to loosen the bolt (forward right one). However, when doing this I noticed that the nut was just spinning on the engine side. If I'm not wrong the engine should hold it still, right? After a while I managed to hold it enough tight whith a 17mm tool (sorry, english is not my native language and nameing of tools was one of the things my old shoolteacher totally forgot to teach ;) to get it loose. However... now, Houston, I got a problem, how can I get it tight again, and also if needed loosen it again? The engine does not seem to support the nut enough. Now the nut also has gone edged so I guess I should try to get a new one but I dont think fresch edges will help much.
Is there anyone (in Houston? ) who got a solution to this problem i would pretty much appreciate this...
Btw I had 5 mm space between frame and spacer so i will put in a n extra spacer before I tight things up again ( if I ever will be able to ).

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
The nut should be held by the shaped space for it on the head. It is a pretty tight fit. Can you actually see it turning, or is the nut stripped? It is pretty small with a metal lock on it. If you get a new nut, it might be too large to fit there but you could try. It would be better to shim the gap on both the right and left motor mounts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup...

Thnx for your advice... and yup, it is turning. As far as I can see it does not seem to be striped. Guess that I have to get a perfect match so replace it. I notice that it is hold better if I push it "forward" but to get it in that place I would have to put schims behind it to get it in that position when tightening and it doesnt look like there is room for shims. have been thinking about using a TIG to put some extra metal (weld) on two edges on the nut to hold it still. What do you think?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem fixed

Now fixed, had a guy weld two "flees"(as we say in Sweden) on the nut to make it stay... worked like a charm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts