Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*To make things worse, I posted this in the wrong forum. Could a mod move it to Cosmetic?*

Earlier this year, I installed my R&G fender eliminator. Loved the look, but wasn't happy with the amount of crap being flung into the bike (even with the rear tire hugger in place). I decided to live with it, until now. I'm probably going to be getting some Trax Alu-Box luggage, which according to the rep I talked to at TwistedThrottle, requires the original fender in place so the turn signal adapter can be used, moving them back for visibility. Can anyone confirm this?

So, I pulled out my bag of old parts, got to work, put (nearly) everything back together until I get here:

Horrified, I look to my bag of old parts to see that it is empty. Not good. :confused: I forgot what is supposed to go there, so I don't even know what to look for. I fear I may have lost this part to attach the plate to the fender. Help please? :(

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
That's where the metal bracket that holds your license plate would fit. It's got four 90 degree bends in it - you could make something probably. Scroll down to Motociclista's picture. I coulnd't find a better shot on short notice and it's raining on mine right now. :usa:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Is it possible that you used that bracket with the eliminator kit?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Wow, thanks for the quick replies! I've found a few pictures of what I'm looking for, and I definitely don't have it. Feel like a total klutz right now! I'm normally very good about keeping spare parts all in one place. The fender eliminator did not use the bracket, as it came with its own. I may simply end up buying one off the website (thanks Tig!). I'm not particularly good at fabbing up things like that, and I'm definitely pressed for time these days.

Yikes... $17 for shipping on a $9 part. Yuck.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I switched to a stash box behind my plate. If you really need the bracket i would sell you mine for $10 shipped. You could make one in two minutes with a vice.

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts
You can screw back the registration plate directly to the two holes without the bracket, if you are pressed for time.

:goodluck:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's gotta be somewhere.
I did the original install in Flagstaff. Graduated college and moved back home to San Diego. Went active duty and I'm in Mississippi now. You tell me where it is! Haha :goodluck:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Easily fabricated with a piece of metal bar (or aluminium sheet if you prefer), a drill, vice and hammer plus some bolts and nuts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts