·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Well " He Showed Them "

·
Registered
739 Posts
Well " He Showed Them "
Yes indeed; how to turn a possible "walk away in disgust" kind of accident into what it really was, by not wearing a helmet.
BTW he most likely would not even have lost control and gone down if he had used proper braking technique.
So preventable, such a waste.

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ugh, sorry that this guy had to lose his life to illustrate the important of being prepared for the unexpected. Hopefully the irony at work in this story may change the opinions of other riders around him. Always sad to hear of the loss of a fellow rider, regardless of our fundamental differences in riding ideology.

Mike

·
Registered
246 Posts
In the comment section under the article:

"I don't wear a helmet because there's a law, I wear a helmet because I understand physics."

So true.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Hopefully the irony at work in this story may change the opinions of other riders around him
I am guessing with these people that no it will have no effect on them.

I believe we should have the choice to wear a helmet or not.
I agree entirely. I feel I should have the choice on if I wear a helmet or not. I would always wear it, but I dont like being told what to do.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Michigan lawmakers are trying to repeal our helmet law....I understand that it has passed approval in one of the houses, just last week!

Sorry to say i hope they are successful and the law is amended.
Riders who object to the law on some principal of freedom to do as one pleases deserve what fate might bring them...and hopefully they haven't procreated yet!

or to paraphrase Micheal Crichton, "Nature always finds a way".

( easy to condemn such foolishness until one gives thought to such sadly stupid individuals...survivors. Bloody shame.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts