Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried searching for this, but couldnt come up with anything. Just wondering what are the good helmet care products out there. With the weather here in Malaysia, and the amount of riding I've been doing, its beginning to smell pretty funky in there! If possible would like something that I can use without removing all the .... removeable pieces.
I saw a Muc Off helmet foam, but havent seen much good said about their products.
Could you share how you keep the insides of your helmets smelling fresh?

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Tried searching for this, but couldnt come up with anything. Just wondering what are the good helmet care products out there. With the weather here in Malaysia, and the amount of riding I've been doing, its beginning to smell pretty funky in there! If possible would like something that I can use without removing all the .... removeable pieces.
I saw a Muc Off helmet foam, but havent seen much good said about their products.
Could you share how you keep the insides of your helmets smelling fresh?
If you are not up for removing the liners and washing them, wearing a do rag will help some by absorbing some of your sweat and oils. Simply wash your do rag with your regular laundry... buy several and rotate them as you would underwear.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Simply wash your do rag with your regular laundry... buy several and rotate them as you would underwear.

You have more than 1 pair?:confused:
Just pull the liner every once in a while if your helmet allows. That will by far keep it smelling the best.

·
Registered
665 Posts
One pair should be enough for anyone. Wear one day, turn inside out, wear second day. Wash that evening. Repeat. :)

There are also several products on the market for helmet care. Helmet Fresh is the only one that springs to mind. I've also heard of folks using "Febreeze" which is a product available here in the states but not sure if it is available elsewhere or under what name it might be available if there.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Was just being lazy, I think! Wondering if there was an easy way out. Guess I'll just have to get around to taking it out and washing every now and again.

I've tried a do rag before, but for some reason it doesnt feel very comfortable. So i stopped using it. Even tried a balaclava, kept me really cool and absorbed a ton of sweat, but was really uncomfortable.

Guess I like going commando :p

Has anyone tried somethng like the Muc Off Foam Freash - http://www.muc-off.com/products/motorcycle/rider_care/foam_fresh?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One pair should be enough for anyone. Wear one day, turn inside out, wear second day. Wash that evening. Repeat. :)

There are also several products on the market for helmet care. Helmet Fresh is the only one that springs to mind. I've also heard of folks using "Febreeze" which is a product available here in the states but not sure if it is available elsewhere or under what name it might be available if there.
Whoops, saw this only after posting my previous reply. Thanks, Kimel. Will check these out.

·
Super Moderator
19,168 Posts
...Simply wash your do rag with your regular laundry... buy several and rotate them as you would underwear....
...rotate them as you would underwear... Do you turn do-rags inside-out, TOO?

:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts