Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of I want to say thanks.
For my first bike Ever I was torn between the Versys and the KLR.
Trolling through the net, I stumbled upon this Site. You guys/ gals are great.
The honest advice and help plus a great bike package in the Versys stamped the deal.

Got my license,bought my bike, picked up my bike May 24th and I have loved putting on the stuff to protect my new addition to the household.
I have been riding to work once a week and getting more comfortable.
Push steering is just great in the V :thumb:
Speedy's lowering is also super:)
My kids think she kinda looks like an alien, but they want me to name her Lucy or Susan. Not sure!!!!!
The guys at work are not sure what to make of her, but heck that's part of her appeal. She's a beauty to me!!!!
Sorry for the long intro- hopefully I will become a proficient rider in the years to come and can give to the Versys group.

Ddc

·
Premium Member
16,190 Posts
:welcome::welcome::welcome:

·
Super Moderator
19,433 Posts
...Sorry for the long intro- hopefully I will become a proficient rider in the years to come and can give to the Versys group.

Ddc
Ddc - you are ALREADY 'giving to the group' by being a member!

"Stay long and prosper"...

with apologies to Star Trek.

:right:

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
Welcome:welcome:

I am usually up that way once a week, Limehouse, Belfountain,Forks Of The Credit, Cheltanham,back home,

I have almost everything Speedy has made for the Versys , if you are interested, I could drop by or meet up--------------------PM me if interested.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome! 3 of us within 70kms of each other? Here I was thinking I was the only one.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Greetings

Thanks to you all for the warm greetings.
Looks like there are fellow V riders closer then I thought.:D
I have seen a newer red model in Guelph, I had the biggest grin when the gent passed me,,,,,,made me miss mine at home!!:guilty:

Once I am a better rider we should definitely meet up to ride and talk shop(all things V)
I would not want to slow any one down.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Welcome ddc. Congrats on picking such a great bike. I'm just a shot down the 401 from you, in London.

:welcome:

·
Super Moderator
19,433 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
As far as I know I've only seen one or two other Versys her in Kingston, although the dealer tells me he's consistently sold 2 or 3 every year.
Welcome to the forum. You'll find everything you need and more.

BTW, I too used to ride a KLR and almost bought an 08 before the V. I've never regretted the decision. If you do more street riding than trail, it's the best allrounder out there.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks to you all for the warm greetings.
Looks like there are fellow V riders closer then I thought.:D
I have seen a newer red model in Guelph, I had the biggest grin when the gent passed me,,,,,,made me miss mine at home!!:guilty:

Once I am a better rider we should definitely meet up to ride and talk shop(all things V)
I would not want to slow any one down.
Sounds good. I would love to ride with other V owners. Shoot me a PM when your ready.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts