Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Getting my Versys 4th September once I have passed my test.

Can't wait.

New to motorcycling so any tips would be appreciated.

Ian

·
Registered
418 Posts
Welcome! The best tips I can offer;

Practice in a parking lot with lots of room...get comfortable

NEVER ride without protective gear

ALWAYS ride your own pace...don't try to "keep up" with anyone.

·
Registered
699 Posts
When riding, always assume every car is gonna pull out in front of you. It's called defensive driving. In other words, make sure you have what fighter pilots call "situational awareness." Other than that...have fun and NO Mp3 players as you ride...very distracting.

·
Registered
440 Posts
My advice, keep your head and eyes up. Look where you want to go, don't target fixate on things that might be in your way.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Keep in mind your bike will follow your eyes so quit looking at the gaurdrail. Look at your exit out of a curve. And the painted side goes up. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone.

I work within aviation so the fighter pilot situational awareness thing is totally understandable.

Great tips and I will follow everyne of them.

Cheers.

Ian

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just put a deposit on an 07 Versys. ABS version. £3375.

Nice condition. Got a workshop inspection and tidy up included in the price and they are fitting a hugger for me for £75.

Can't wait to get my test out of the way now.

Ian

·
Registered
129 Posts
I am signing up for a day of training on the local race track as well. No racing though, BMW club organizing rider training and then track time and they (very awesome of them) are including other makes as well.

So me and my V will be there amongst the 40 BMW riders, learning new and wonderful things about ourselves and our steeds.

I would say:

Anything (Theory / Practical / General Reading) on how to improve your riding - Good Idea.
Just going out and gunning it - Bad idea

·
Registered
530 Posts
Passed my third and final round of testing/training here in Ontario, Canada on June 6th. I now have my full M license. But, remember the learning never ever stops. I'm thinking about signing up for track day school next year and going to Chicago to attend the SRTT class. I also read a book on motorcycling at the beginning of every season like Proficient Motorcycling.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts