Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't own a Versys, yet. I'll be getting one in the fall, around the middle of September. I'm just trying to stay ahead of the game, by keeping up to date on all the Kaw Versys tips and tricks.

I look forward to a positive and constructive experience on these forums. :yeahsmile:

·
Registered
266 Posts
:welcome:

Careful if you read to much on this site, you're going to find that september is long way away.

You will enjoy this bike as much as we do!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Welcome aboard VersysKaw!

Actar911 is right - having only owned my V for a short time, the forum and its many great members add a lot to the overall owner experience. I don't think I would have the discipline to keep myself from just going out and buying one now.

Cheers!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Considering that driving the Versys instead of the car will save me about $105 per month on gas, and the loan payment shouldn't be more than $170 per month, you may be right.

·
Registered
387 Posts
If you'd owned a Silverado, you'd be in my shoes and would buy it immediately. It will take a mere year and a half in fuel savings alone to pay for the bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I drove a '04 Dodge RAM 1500 before the GTI. When gas was around $3/gln a couple years ago, it cost me ~$80 to fill the truck and that only lasted about 5 days. So yeah, I know where you're coming from.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Think of it this way, when you do get your Versys you will already know what other have done, what works, what don't, and what ideas and farkle you would like to get (if you haven't already done so).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Think of it this way, when you do get your Versys you will already know what other have done, what works, what don't, and what ideas and farkle you would like to get (if you haven't already done so).
Yup. I hope by then there will be aftermarket mirrors, since they're an issue for some people. I want to get a set of bags from Givi as well.

There, I know some stuff, so joining has paid-off already. :yeahsmile:(luv the icon)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome Versyskaw,

I have also had the Versys itch for a while now and like you felt I would have to wait until the fall to find a good used one on the market as I couldn't find any local dealer (in the Rio Grande Valley) that would go lower than $7,400 OTD, and the best deal in Texas was $6999.00 OTD in Houston. Fortunately I found a slightly used (3,300 miles) Versys that was a trade in at a Ducati dealer in Dallas and picked it up for $5,000 OTD, and saved myself enough to justifying the purchasing now instead of waiting until fall.

I am really looking forward to riding a proper street bike again as my XR650L was getting very old on the 60 mile daily commute.

Zeniac

1 - 10 of 10 Posts