Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies & Gentlemen,
If I may introduce myself.

I live on the giant side of Texas, or the panhandle/southern plains as many refer to the region. Closer to Denver Albuquerque than Houston, or Texarkana.

I'll be lurking more than posting, looking forward to learning from this august body or enthusiast.

Thanks for allowing me to tag along.

· Registered
4 Posts
Welcome aboard . What model of the V do you have? Please drop us some lines on your ride so we all will know you and your ride better.
I do not have a V just yet.
I have been lurking here to increase my knowledge of the ride.
Going to test ride a '16 1000 LT on Saturday, if I like it, which I certainly expect to, I'll bring it home.
I visited the shop a month a go, didn't have time for a ride. The bike disappeared from the dealer website, so I assumed it had sold, but it reappeared.
So I'm off to the wilds on New Mexico.

· Registered
2019 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
778 Posts
I do not have a V just yet.
I have been lurking here to increase my knowledge of the ride.
Going to test ride a '16 1000 LT on Saturday, if I like it, which I certainly expect to, I'll bring it home.
I visited the shop a month a go, didn't have time for a ride. The bike disappeared from the dealer website, so I assumed it had sold, but it reappeared.
So I'm off to the wilds on New Mexico.
Good luck in bringing it home.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fuel tank Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky

‘16 v1000 LT 7800 +/- miles ! 😄

Beautiful day in Eastern NM - rode this little jewel around town & got some highway miles in, nothing crazy just up to the posted limit maybe a little +.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

The Matriarch said before I left “you know it’s like going to look at puppies, don’t put on a show, pick one, pay the man & be done with it”.

yep, it resides in the Republic of TX as of today.
Sadly, the dealer didn’t attach dealer tags. I didn’t realize it til I got home. 🤬 And of course they were closed by the time I called.
supposed to rain for next two - three days anyway.

· Registered
778 Posts
View attachment 190807
‘16 v1000 LT 7800 +/- miles ! 😄

Beautiful day in Eastern NM - rode this little jewel around town & got some highway miles in, nothing crazy just up to the posted limit maybe a little +.
View attachment 190808

The Matriarch said before I left “you know it’s like going to look at puppies, don’t put on a show, pick one, pay the man & be done with it”.

yep, it resides in the Republic of TX as of today.
Sadly, the dealer didn’t attach dealer tags. I didn’t realize it til I got home. 🤬 And of course they were closed by the time I called.
supposed to rain for next two - three days anyway.
Looking good. Off for an inspection and the DPS on Monday?

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looking good. Off for an inspection and the DPS on Monday?
Took care of the insurance last night.

E-mail with dealer tags attached didn't arrive, probably messed up my e-mail address, happens more times than not. They are closed on Monday, CDT v MDT (another hour delay baked in), hopefully it's not the lady's day off, kid is sick, or otherwise unavailable.

Mondays are my self imposed office/yard work/return phone call day.
Tuesday - my do things that can't be done on Monday day.

I bought the bike in New Mexico, the shop didn't collect the Tax title & registration fees so that financial hit is delayed until they mail the required paperwork.

As soon as I can print out the dealer/temporary tags, I'm good to go for 30 days or so.

That is a long winded answer to a simple question isn't it.

· Registered
778 Posts
Here's a basic idea, I lucked out a little previous owner tags still good till May 23 so didn't have to pay that yet or do an inspection. I had the title from the previous owner so no wait, just went ahead and got it all out of the way.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts