Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum. I have had my 2013 Versys 650 since late 2014. I have around 14,500 miles on it and am getting ready to do the valve inspection. I live in Pittsburgh PA and use my bike for fun and commuting. I typically ride through the winters.

·
Premium Member
16,226 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Versys Cold Weather Shifting Issues

I have noticed this winter when the temp goes below 40F my bike won't down shift in the lower gears. I can push down on the shift lever but it feels like it won't catch the gear. I never had this issue in warm weather. I have been running Rotella T6. I am thinking about trying a different oil. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Mobil 1 15/50 , also I* don't know if your foot peg is similar to the 2015, which is rubber mounted. Several things not clear, do you have a thermo-bob installed? Are you certain your linkage is adjusted correctly, on the 15, the rubber mounted peg wasdn't installed correctly , downshifting is pushing forward , check your footpeg. Also the pivot point had a tendency to seize, which needs to be cleaned up and lubed.The 2015 they added seals and grease to that pivot point.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a 2013 650 model. I don't have a thermo-bob. I have never lubed or cleaned the pivot point. I have never adjusted the linkage. I have put around 15k miles on it and never noticed it until this winter. I will try cleaning and lubing the pivot point prior to changing the oil.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
onewizard: thanks for your help. it was the pivot point of the shifter sticking on a downshift. i cleaned off all of the gunk and lubricated it. shifts great now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts