Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
New poster, new Versys owner--just picked up a new leftover '09. 197 miles on the clock so far, but going for a ride today! :yeahsmile:

So far I love it. Couple of quick observations...I'm coming off a Ninja 500, so this thing feels like a rocket! Runs perfect, but more vibration than I expected--I know inline twins are notorious for this, and it is not terrible just more than I expected. I suppose that's why they rubber-mounted the engine on the '10's... Already got the "cowling buzz." :mad: I have seen the posts here on how to fix it, but that is not cool on a brand new bike in my book. Shame on you Kawasaki! The seat is already killing my arse; I am hoping with some miles the foam will break down a bit and get a little more comfy. I know on some of my dirtbikes that happens. I commute on the freeway and also plan on doing some tours, so I am thinking about a bigger (Givi) windscreen and possibly gearing it up...anyone else gear theirs up? I'm thinking about 1t larger on the counter and 1-2-3? smaller on the rear....I guess I will do some research on that topic...and while I am that I am going to look into this "vacuum line mod" too. If anyone has any tips or things a brand new Versys owner might need to know about, I'd love to hear it!

Time to taker her out for a spin! :)

·
Registered
489 Posts
:clap: Welcome to the V world. You may find it comforting to know that the engine smooths out as you break it in. Switch over to synthetic oil at the 500 mi change and you should definitely notice a difference. If your not wearing gloves and good boots you'll feel the vibes more also.:goodluck:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Welcome, and yes the stock seats are no good. There are few threads on modifying the seats you might want to search for. I am waiting til winter to do mine.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Congrats on the Vs, for sure, go to 1 tooth bigger on countershaft, I have it, on a used 09 I bought, I've never ridden a Vs with a stock countershaft sprocket. Get the Corbin seat, the stock one will never get any better, your ass might get used to it, but that's asking a little much of your ass....

·
Registered
582 Posts
:welcome: aboard!!
Enjoy the new V! I've got a Baldwin seat ordered for mine after my first 975mile trip. Other wise the farkles depend on how deep your wallet is :D

·
Registered
718 Posts
Rock-N-Roll Rocky! Have fun on the bike.

It has smoothed out for me after I got the suspension dialed in. Also, highly recommend the Baldwin saddle and Caribou panniers. Together, they have made life much easier for me on the bike.

I did the vacuum mod and have put about 600 miles on since doing it. I do believe it has helped at low speeds. I don't think it would have any effect on higher speeds.

·
Registered
224 Posts
About the seat....

I have a Baldwin with Gel insert. I would start at Wal Mart, over in the Auto section by the seatcovers there is a Gel seat pad for about $20.00 I have used mine once so far but it is the cheapest place to start.

Welcome to the group Cb

·
Registered
670 Posts
before you buy a new saddle, get the peg lowering kit and throw a sheepskin on the saddle. the peg lowering kit makes a big difference in comfort.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts