Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went into the local motorcycle shop "just browsing" and saw this thing called the Versys. I am like, "What the hell is it?" I liked the look of it, but was skeptical about it, so I decided to go home and look it up. Three days later on 3 July, I signed my name on the dotted line. So I will be taking delivery probably next Wednesday, 9 July.
I was wondering about others experiences with the 2008 Versys. I know this is a forum for this particular motorcycle, but honest answers would be great. I have not read anything bad, or heard anything bad about it, yet. I am hoping it will stay that way. Thanks! Hope to meet some other people to ride with on here too. Is there a thread for that?

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
The goods far out weigh the bads, in my opinion. But since you've only read about the good side, I'll tell you what I don't like. Keep in mind, these are minor annoyances to me. I really like my Versys a lot...

*I don't like the digital speedo display. You can only see the odo, OR the trip meter A, Or trip B, OR the time. You have to push a little button on the dash (not on the bars where it should be) to cycle through them, which for me is a pain while riding. I want all these things displayed all the time!

*The gearbox is clunky. Some guys say it doesn't bother them, some say its a problem. When I first got the bike, I used to miss shifts all the time. I've gotten used to it now, so it's not as big a deal any more.

*The stock tires are a little squirrelly.

*The gas tank whistles when it starts getting low on fuel.

*There is a buzz from the dash that comes from the plastics up front. It does have a cheap & easy fix, though.

*My tail light assy pops loose when I wheelie the bike.

*I think this bike should come with a 16t sprocket on the front. It rides sooo much better than with the 15t.

Once again, for the passionate owners out there, these are the little things that annoy me. I'm sure every bike has some sort of a little negative thing about them. I think the Versys is a great bike & enjoy riding it very much! :thumb: :D :yeahsmile:

Carry on...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts