Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new member to this forum because, I've done research about the versys 300 after coming across it while I was looking into klr650. I love the klr, but due to it's seat ht. And weight, I needed a light weight klr that I can handle in my 60s, so I found the versys and after doing my research, and it sounds like a good choice. I'll be retiring this year, so I plan on touring around North America for a full year by myself and I need a light weight adv. Cycle and this seems like the perfect fit for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
introduction

I have a yamaha xt250, and live in the south of los Angeles. I like dual sport the best. I like the versys300 because its freeway friendly ,and can be driven off road fairly, and even Better with the right tires, skid plate, and engine guards. I will be getting it without abs because I plan on using on back roads, fire roads, and camping alot. Its just a bit lighter and smaller that the klr650. I don't like it being called a mini-klr, it's more of a klr-light, or a klr jr.
It will be better than a klr on trails because it's easier to handle ,and you'll be more relaxed when riding it, so it'll be fun to ride.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Welcome............I retired three+ years ago and after the first year of horsing around a 1500 Vulcan I had to opt for something lighter. I chose the Versys 650 LT and added a trunk. Perfect bike for seeing the USA. It will run the interstate if necessary (just a bit light when dealing with semi's) and it loves the back country roads. Excellent fuel economy, comfortable (with some mods), and just an all around nice bike.

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
:welcome: Quite a few V-300's here around Los Angeles.....

·
Registered
449 Posts
Welcome. The KLR650 (and my V-Strom) are tall and ungainly when compared to the Versys X300 but you need to rev it, and it would be less suitable for heavy loads, i.e. camping gear.

But it is far more nimble and less intimidating than the other two.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts