Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone. So I took the plunge and went with the 2012 Versys. After 600 miles I'm glad I did. The last bike I was riding was 2007 Ninja 650R. But I was just the caretaker of this bike. It was my friends bike who joined the air force and was unable to bring it to him till he was stationed and took the air force bike safety classes. So for having ridden both bikes I like the more upright position and not sure which power band i prefer more.

Has Anyone ridden both types of bikes and felt like the Versys is more of a practical bike for longer trips or do you miss the higher snap in the ninja at higher RPM? :thanx:

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Hi Everyone. So I took the plunge and went with the 2012 Versys. After 600 miles I'm glad I did. The last bike I was riding was 2007 Ninja 650R. But I was just the caretaker of this bike. It was my friends bike who joined the air force and was unable to bring it to him till he was stationed and took the air force bike safety classes. So for having ridden both bikes I like the more upright position and not sure which power band i prefer more.

Has Anyone ridden both types of bikes and felt like the Versys is more of a practical bike for longer trips or do you miss the higher snap in the ninja at higher RPM? :thanx:
Love the low down torque of the Versys much more useful IMO. Had a test ride on the 650f (now called Ninja) as it was called then it didn't impress me.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I do like the snap that the ninja has but the snap the versys has is good too just different, plus the riding position of the versys is what I was after. I would have too many tickets with a ninja.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
:welcome: - enjoy your Versys.

·
Super Moderator
19,121 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys for the input. I think after the 48h ill be trying to look into a few modifications. So far I have added the Givi 35L hard case bags with the custom paint color to match my bike as well as I bought 2 different windscreens. both look really close. I'll add pics when I can to see what might be the difference between the two. I also will be getting the crash bars asap as I have seen how much they save your bike. My main concern is all this added weight what could I do to even out this drag/weight change by a slip on exhaust/ power modifications etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pictures of the 2 windscreens and My bike

The difference between the two screens is mostly on the bottom. the both fit my bike. but I'm wondering if one is better then the other. I'd like to keep one in the package to take back if I can. sorry about the mess around my bike. Outside has been raining all day and wont be letting up anytime soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 13 of 13 Posts