Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just paid for a new Verys X 300. Leaving to go on vacation with my wife (30 days driving thru the Rocky Mnt states). The bike will be waiting and accessorized by the dealer when I get back.

Im 61 and retired. This will be my first time back on a bike in 20 yrs. My two previous motorcycles were a Kawasaki 550LTD cruiser, and then a Honda 500VT Ascot.

I chose the Versys for its combo of touring and mild off road capabilities. My plans are to mostly tour, with camping in Nat Forests and BLM.( After getting my legs back over the winter with some practice). I live in the South so we get some decent 50-60 deg winter days.
This bike seems like it will be adequate on the Interstate for a few exits, or for longer periods in light traffic and no hard wind. Be plenty adequate and fun on the 2 lanes, haul my gear, get me down a gravel road to a campsite if I want, and be small enough to pick up if I drop it.
Im 5'7 and 165#, so it should be plenty enough HP to haul me and 50-60# of gear.

Accessories from the outset will be 12v outlet, engine guard(looks handy for lashing stuff to and protects all that plastic in a drop), hand guards, and center stand. Ill prob add a skid plate and soft saddlebag supports of some sort before embarking on a serious journey. Right now the saddlebag support aftermarket seems hit or miss fit wise. If anybody has found an affordable option that fits I'd appreciate the heads up.

Anyway, glad to be here. Looking forward to the community and learning more about my new bike.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Welcome Whit. Hope you enjoy your new ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts