Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my first post.been a member since 2009(i hate to type).My roadsmart 2 is almost bald.And have a itch to try the angel gt.i was wondering if any rs users made the switch?
Overall iam very happy with my rs approx 6500 miles out of rear.9500 out of front with still 1/3 more thread left.Marked improvement with rs2 over rs1 in grip and handling.All of my rs tires (5) never needed any balancing.The rs2 rear does show some minor cupping.And flat spotted after 5000 miles (hey i live in south florida)
There is only a $5 price different with rs>angel (135).Do you i would get anymore milage out of the angel? thanks cheapskate

·
Premium Member
16,191 Posts
A few guys here have gone with the Angels and were pretty happy. Only complaint was the life of the tire...Quite a few here went with the Michelin PR3's and now the PR4's and so far from my personal experience as well as others here they are thrilled with them....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did noticed many members here using michelin tires .I always been a Dunlop guy.Dunlop being the only american owned company and its constant support of off road racing .But thanks for your info.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I like the MPR3's I have on my R1200RT, they are the best ever, but are expensive. On that big, heavy, and 105HP bike, they last me around 6,000 miles per pair.

The RoadSmarts I have on my new-to-me Versys are 6 years old and terrible. I don't know if the are just old or have been this bad since they were new, but they don't seem to have much grip at all.
At a stop light, with these RoadSmarts, I can lock the front brakes and drag the bike backwards just pulling on the front bars.

I bought a set of conti motions on bike bandit last week to replace these RoadSmarts. They were on sale, $160 for both with shipping included!

I put Michelin Pilot Power on my wife's F650CS. LOVE them, but they weren't on sale last week, like they were when I last bought a pair. The Pilot Power's are more "sport riding" style than touring style, but my wife doesn't put many miles per year, and these tires will probably last her 2.5 years. (6,000 miles or so).

The Conti's are supposedly a 'budget' tire, like the RoadSmarts. I am hoping that when NEW they will be stickier than the chalky RoadSmarts I have now.

-Ben.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts