Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again,
I returned from Thailand 3 weeks ago (did not manage to buy a V there). However... about 4 days after my return I bought a 2010. I like it and have ridden quite a lot. I put on about 300 K the first day, I drove home in rain and some snow flurries, not so bad if you wear nine layers of clothing. I live on Vancouver Island in BC, Canada.
I not sure if the PO was deaf or maybe he had good hearing protection, because one of the first things I did was fix the fairing buzz around the headlight. I have yet to put the side fairings or the wind shield back on, I kinda like the naked look. Not sure if not having fairings increases wind resistance though, because I do not get very good mileage, so far about 46 miles to Imp Gal or 38 mpg US. I might have an ECU problem, that might cause poor mileage as well. I will post about that on the Tech Forum
Thank for reading
Wayne

·
Registered
612 Posts
Hi again,
I returned from Thailand 3 weeks ago (did not manage to buy a V there). However... about 4 days after my return I bought a 2010. I like it and have ridden quite a lot. I put on about 300 K the first day, I drove home in rain and some snow flurries, not so bad if you wear nine layers of clothing. I live on Vancouver Island in BC, Canada.
I not sure if the PO was deaf or maybe he had good hearing protection, because one of the first things I did was fix the fairing buzz around the headlight. I have yet to put the side fairings or the wind shield back on, I kinda like the naked look. Not sure if not having fairings increases wind resistance though, because I do not get very good mileage, so far about 46 miles to Imp Gal or 38 mpg US. I might have an ECU problem, that might cause poor mileage as well. I will post about that on the Tech Forum
Thank for reading
Wayne
I wouldn't be too concerned about that mileage. Those are the exact figures I always got when I had the 650. Others here seem to get better, some less.
The very best I got was 52 imp once with a tankful of all highway miles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts