Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, my name's Phil. I'm actually a former 01' SV650 street rider (2JZ over on SVrider.com) and recently purchased a '15 Yamaha R3 strictly for track purposes (Philip Lee over on r3-forums.com... used google as my login there and it wouldn't let me change my username *facepalm*). I've always liked the Versys back when I rode my SV but just wasn't my type of riding at that time (though it's definitely a possibility after this track phase I'm in). Anyway, I got reacquainted with the Versys when I posted a 17-19 R6 shock up for sale and a member mentioned it was a popular upgrade for the Versys crowd so decided to sign up to keep me in the know!

·
Registered
155 Posts
You can also put a Supra engine in a Versys. It's a popular upgrade here.
Get a Versys 650 as a commuter bike or the Versys 300. Great all around bikes. I didn't know you could use an R6 shock setup for the 650. Probably to make it handle better but I'd rather have more suspension travel.
Welcome.

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,851 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

...I didn't know you could use an R6 shock setup for the 650. Probably to make it handle better but I'd rather have more suspension travel....
I've only heard of using the R1 shock from an '07 or '08.

R1shock3 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

1 - 6 of 6 Posts