Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi y'all! I'm on a 2017 650LT and am loving it! Ripping up the roads in the South/Central Sierra Nevada Mountains. This is my first road bike in a while, I've been on a 2002 KTM 520EXC for the last 10 years on mostly dirt. I forgot how much fun a nice twisty mountain road can be, especially on this kind of bike!

I've put on a seat concepts low seat foam, heated grips, 43tooth rear sprocket-helped the gearing but didn't fix the speedo hence>speedodrd-this was a challenge!, top box with admore light flasher kit, tank bag, usb charger jack, TPMS, different wind screen, gps mount for my trusty Garmin Montana, Scottoiler vacumn oiler.

Thanks for all the info I've gleaned from this site to get my bike setup for me.

Kirk.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The riding is nice in the mountains, the valley-not so much, just boring flat farms. At least the coast isn't terribly far and Hwy 1 on a motorcycle is a must do!

·
Premium Member
16,191 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
ATC from Hooterville. PTV doesn't even have a control tower.

Where U work at?

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I was at BURT for my first few years then SCT Burbank area the rest of my career.
I must have talked to you thousands of times.

I flew Metroliner's for Wing West for a year. Then Brasilia's for Westair for 12 years.

After that flew jets for several owners and corporations for another 18 plus years.

Frequented Lax and all the Socal airports for decades.

And now we are riding the same motorcycle.

Talk about a small world.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts