Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am here on a fact finding mission! Since the 2014 Versys has ABS, I am considering it for my next bike purchase this summer. It is primarily competing against the Vstrom 650, and the CB500x at this point. I want to be well informed when I start doing test rides. Thanks in advance for the shared wisdom.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I had a Wee Strom two bikes ago before my 650 versys and personally I found the Versys way more fun to ride, a lot peppier and agile. The Strom was a lot top heavier and didn't carry its weight as well.

·
Premium Member
16,198 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a Wee Strom two bikes ago before my 650 versys and personally I found the Versys way more fun to ride, a lot peppier and agile. The Strom was a lot top heavier and didn't carry its weight as well.
That is exactly the kind of feedback I am looking for, thanks.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I agree with V-Coaster. The Wee Strom and Versys were the two on my short list and the Versys won. More fun to ride and easier to handle in my opinion. Also seems to fit me better than the Wee Strom.

So you're in ME now and will be in NM soon. Interesting. I come from Rockwood, ME - Moosehead Lake - we have a family home there still. We used to live in Alamogordo, very nice high desert town at the foot of the Sacramento mountains, when my wife was Deputy Director of Logistics at Holloman AFB.

Where in ME are you and where in NM are you headed?

Oh yes, and :welcome:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts