Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Joined this forum to know more Versys owners - I am planning to get one in a few weeks. Did my MSF Basic course a few weeks back. I've ridden around 80k kms in India and have owned a number of bikes - last owned the Honda CBR 250R and loved it. Did narrow down to the Versys 650, Vstrom 650 and the NC700X but kinda settled on the Versys. Heh, on the other hand, I would love to get a CB1100! :grin2:

I'm part of the ADV forum too - same user name.

·
Premium Member
16,186 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Welcome!!

I struggled with many a sleepless nights, researching and deciding between the Versys 650 and the wee strom. I finally decided, and purchased the Versys. I am positive I made the right decision. I'm 66 and have owned a ton of bikes. From the Honda cub 50 up to the big harleys. I own 4 bikes at present time.(you can never own too many bikes). I have found the versys to be one of the funnest bikes I've ever owned. It's not a sport bike, but it will carve up a curve. It's not a dirt bike, but it does pretty good on gravel roads, pig trails, and fire lanes. It's not a fire breathing dragon, but it does have punch. I figure it's not the very best at anything, but it does every thing very well. Wait a minute. I was mistaken. It is the very best at putting a big ole smile on my face. Now if I could just get my hands on a versys X300. Not to worry, that will probably happen within the next few months.
I hope you decide on the bike you want, and that it gives you many years of pleasure. Always remember You aren't buying a bike to please others, You are buying a bike to make you the happiest person on earth. It's a choice only you can make.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Skypilot 69 - you are right. You should buy a motorcycle to please yourself. Not for anyone else. I've always done that. I am looking at some good used Versys 650 LTs. Hope to land one soon. Do you guys think the LT version is worth the premium though?

·
Super Moderator
19,423 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Skypilot 69 - you are right. You should buy a motorcycle to please yourself. Not for anyone else. I've always done that. I am looking at some good used Versys 650 LTs. Hope to land one soon. Do you guys think the LT version is worth the premium though?
Love my '16 LT, yes it's worth the extra bucks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts