Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Versys 650. Blue, cause it was cheaper. ;)
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Mike, and I just got my first (big) bike. A 2013 Versys 650. It only had 2500 miles on it, and while it was my back up choice when my first choice fell through, I couldn't be happier with it..

I had been riding for the last 2 years (until last week when some tool ran me over on it) a Suzuki Inazuma. A little 250 with about 24 horsepower.

Wow holy cow the Versys is a different beast of a machine, hahahah.

I've already bought a handful of things for it. I found a set of SWMotech crash bars for an ok price, but I figured any price was cheap protection, because at 5'⁷" and change, with a barely 30" inseam, she out ranks me just a little bit, lol.

I also bought new tires (shinko 009 ravens, suggested by someone here in a post I was reading). As a commuter and year round rider I finally bought a set of Oxford Grips.

Some non essential upgrades are also on the way:. A denali sound bomb split, and shorty levers. I had replaced the stock ones on my old bike a year prior and I really liked how they worked for me.

I lucked out and it has a givi windscreen installed, and a seat concepts seat.

Looking forward to learning lots of things while I'm here!

Mike

·
Super Moderator
19,913 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
hello to all of you Happy new year and enjoy our ridings with versys always
my name is george and i have a versys 2011 mod

·
Super Moderator
19,913 Posts
hello to all of you Happy new year and enjoy our ridings with versys always
my name is george and i have a versys 2011 mod
WELCOME aboard!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Welcome from San Antonio, TX

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Man so many people! Nice to meet all of you. :)

I got a few things accomplished this weekend, like the crash guards, grips and a sound bomb. (Loud pipes? No, I'll take a what is basically a terrifyingly loud mini train horn hahaha)

I live in New Mexico, by the way. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Man so many people! Nice to meet all of you. :)

I got a few things accomplished this weekend, like the crash guards, grips and a sound bomb. (Loud pipes? No, I'll take a what is basically a terrifyingly loud mini train horn hahaha)

I live in New Mexico, by the way. :)
Hey There Paws! Like you, I’ve just joined here after recently acquiring a V. Same process of modding it up. The people and info her have been great. I lived, rode, and camped all over NM and visit w a bike every year. Truely the “land of enchantment”. Jemez Baby!👍🏼

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey There Paws! Like you, I’ve just joined here after recently acquiring a V. Same process of modding it up. The people and info her have been great. I lived, rode, and camped all over NM and visit w a bike every year. Truely the “land of enchantment”. Jemez Baby!👍🏼

My buddy and I took our dogs up to Jemez! It was fun, and we were woefully unprepared for how cold it would be in June. XD

I keep finding more things to buy for it; not in a bad way, but in a "my last motorcycle had zero aftermarket support and oh my god look there's another thing that can just be bolted right on" way. XD

I keep combing through the forums just reading and soaking things in. So far I haven't noticed any odd quirks other than it seems to really smell like oil/gas sometimes, and the missing push pin clips in the dash being gone from when the PO installed the Givi making the dash buzz. Other than that, I've got my first couple hundred miles on it or so, and good lord I've been missing out, haahahaha.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts