Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, I picked up an 09 V earlier this summer and the recent snow finally forced me to park it long enough to sit down and introduce myself. I'm looking forward to contributing where I can and planning some mods for the coming spring

The V already had a Givi windscreen, bark busters and a rear rack of unknown origin. I made up a set of side racks and bolted on some aluminum panniers that my dad and I make.

I managed to squeeze in 10,000 miles and a few week long camping trips. So far it's been a great bike. Other than a bent front wheel it's been trouble free. It's comfortable, fun, and hauls my gear just fine.

Isaiah
West Bend, WI

Attachments

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
:welcome: from San Antonio, TX. Snow in Wisconsin? Who would have believed such a thing. :D

Nice panniers - your dad and you must be quite talented. Well done. :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I was starting to forget what snow looked like since we've had such mild winters the last few years. I guess it had to go back to normal eventually

My dad is the talented one. I help where I can but I can't TIG weld to save my life. I try to make up for it with a lot of product testing :D

·
Registered
223 Posts
:welcome: from snowy Buffalo. Props for 10K miles in 1 season!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome to the wonderfull world of Versys.
I too picked up an 09 in July. Didn't put on 10,000 miles. I thought I did well to put on 3500.
Anyway, Check out Sport-Touring.net Forums Region 4 http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=3q6713n5cipot733847l7d0s70&action=forum. Come meet some fellow riders at a coffee meet. Don't worry, nobody will laugh at the Versys. You'll be the third green one in the bunch. Great bike for tossing around the curves.

See Ya Around,

Rocketman Bill

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I'll be sure to pop over to sport-touring.net soon.

Yes we sell the boxes. I mounted mine using the happy-trails mount kit
http://www.happy-trail.com/Happy-Trails-Pannier-Mount-Kit.aspx
A quick turn of the knobs and they pop right off.

You just need some sort of side rack to mount them to. I just made up a rectangle hoop out of 3/4" square tubing on each side. Otherwise the box will fit just about any aftermarket rack.

bare aluminum boxes in any size are $275. Powder coated any color are $320

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts