Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to this forum.
Just bought my wife a 2009 Versys and picking it up for her tonight. Thinking it's going to be a good 2nd bike for her.
She just started riding last summer when I found a 2008 Hyosung GV250 that was mint with only a few K on the clock.
She's done great and we even did a 4 day ride last fall. Of course that's when she figured out a little cruiser is not the most comfortable bike. LOL
She said she wanted something more like mine. I ride a 2008 Concours 14. Took her to the dealership and put her on all the bikes I thought would be good for her. GS500, Ninja 650R, Versys, NT700v and a V-Strom. Now I was almost hoping she would go for the NT700v (most like mine being a sport touring and less maintenance for me) but she said the tank was to fat. She liked the Versys and Wee-Strom the best. The Wee was the winner but being it was the 2013 Adventure one the price was just to high for a 2nd bike. So she went with the Versys.
Now it's time to farkle it out. :D
Thinking lowering kit, better shield, crash bars, hard panniers and maybe a different seat but we will see how the stock one works for her first.

Wife on her new ride. This was her birthday gift from me. Not her shirt.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome.
Picked the bike up last Friday, my wife was out of town so I took it for a few cold miles. It rides great, pulls the front wheel easy when you want it to but if you just roll into it from a stop or slow roll it only climbs a few inches before coming back down. This made me feel much better. I was worried it would be to wheel happy for her. I think she's going to be fine.
Bought a lowering kit from a fellow member here and will get that installed maybe this week, after that she's free to ride it all she wants.
Next up, tip over bars, :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts