Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm getting my new Versys this weekend. This'll be my second new bike this year. I rode a 2008 Ninja 250 until a driver decided he really, really wanted to drive in my lane instead of his own on the George Washington Parkway. Thankfully, I was wearing full gear and the muscle memory tricks taught in the MSF course worked beautifully. The downside was my $3,500 bike sustained about $3,900 worth of damage.

The other driver's insurance accepted fault and paid off my Ninja and bought me a new helmet and jacket. So, it's back in the saddle soon.

I've ridden for about two years now. My first bike was a '98 Triumph Thunderbird. I loved it but the maintenance costs were killing me. Since then I've become a big fan of Kawasaki. The Ninja 250 was a great machine and almost daily I had people blown away that it cost just under $4k out the door and got almost 60 miles-per-gallon. That said, I'm looking forward to riding something a little more comfortable.

Anyway, I am a passionate Arsenal FC fan and I enjoy a good mojito.

Cheers.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome to the club. Next time I go to up DC, we could go for a ride. What's the muscle memory trick? I did the MSF but don't remember learning that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome to the club also, I am in Southern Maryland myself. Glad to see that you are getting back to riding and its on the V.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the club. Next time I go to up DC, we could go for a ride. What's the muscle memory trick? I did the MSF but don't remember learning that.
Most of the braking drills are actually muscle memory tricks. They're getting you to subconsciously apply the brakes over a one-second count.

It's a good thing to practice about once a month in a parking lot. I take five minutes to practice braking. The main thing you want to avoid is just grabbing at the brake lever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts