Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I became a member yesterday and figured I'd introduce myself...

Though I've had bike license for about 15 years, I only bought my 08 Versys Sept 09 and had a very short riding time before I parked it for the winter (my husband rode his throughout- in wind and rain warning, -5 temps, and even the occassional snow flurry!!!)

I'm located in the beautiful Comox Valley and we look forward to kitting out our bikes with luggage and camping equipment and start exploring the Island, BC, Washington, and maybe even Oregon this summer!

This forum has been great with getting information on equipment and it's been great looking at the pictures- dreaming of where we can travel! I hope to meet some other Versys riders in the area- or near by!

Ciao!

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
:welcome: Curious how many months of riding time do you folks up north of the boarder get.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My husband rode all winter (to/from work) with an acception of about a week or 10 days when the temps dropped to about -10. We did have a mild winter this year with only a couple days of snow- but you have to be prepared to ride in the rain... I'm not that hard core, yet! There's a reason it's called the "WET-coast"!

·
Registered
670 Posts
ah, yes. Vancouver Island... nice twisties to Tofino... camping at the beach... goats grazing on the roof of some odd building.... good times. :) welcome!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Welcome from the other side of th ferries.

·
Registered
779 Posts
A hearty welcome from Victoria!:welcome:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hello from Bellingham...about as close as you can get without being there!

·
Registered
842 Posts
SOmetimes ont he big island

We have a weekender on Salt Spring Island, so sometimmes come via Nanimo & Crofton.

I have yet to take the V over, but plan to soon.

I hope to see you on the road.

Welcome :welcome:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts