Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Today I confirmed my purchase of a 2011 Versys 650 in burgundy. It should be assembled by Thursday? Very excited to ride it because I have been without a bike for three weeks already. I've come from a 2005 FZ6, and a 2012 CBR250R before that.

This will be my new daily driver, and I'm also looking to do some 2-up touring, so I hope this bike will fit the bill.

Cheers!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome, I had the exact same bike before the 1000, you will really enjoy it.
Thanks! My biggest concern was 2-up comfort and stability. I'm 5'6" so I'm considering the lowering kit, but a passenger and full luggage might compress the suspension enough when I need the added stability of putting my feet down.

·
Super Moderator
16,057 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
774 Posts

No worries on 2 up. Spent a few days on the island last summer with my wife riding all over the place.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

No worries on 2 up. Spent a few days on the island last summer with my wife riding all over the place.
That's good to hear, thanks! Only time will tell for us though. My partner is still relatively new to riding motorcycles, so I'm going to do what I can to make her feel comfortable. I'm getting the saddlebags and topbox, and that should make her feel safer.

Also, I won't lie about my concerns with the versys. Coming from a smooth-reving 4 cylinder, I'm worried about fatigue and discomfort from the engine vibration. The versus is also quite down on power from the FZ6, but I believe the low end torque should make up for it in the real world. However, I am taking the plunge nonetheless!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts