Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I've been salivating after a Versys ever since their debut and the many positive reviews, accolades and awards that it's received afterwards. Been wanting one so badly, but never could save up enough to buy one new. Second hand wasn't that prevalent in my area, not the kind of bike you see a lot of in this part of the South.

Well tonight was the night! Yesterday I spotted one on my local Craigslist at a price I couldn't ignore. Soon as I was in contact with the seller and realized he wasn't from Nigeria requesting me to visit Western Union for a wire transfer. Ran down to my bank to get pre-approved for a signature loan so if the dream was a reality, I'd have the funds ready to go.

Met up with the seller with my father-in-law in tow (lifetime rider with a stable full of bikes) to give the bike a good look over and visit. Excellent shape, taken care of a knowledgeable middle aged man who took care of problems and took precautionary measures with his modifications to ensure no future ones. 44,000 miles on the clock, but to me that's a good thing. That tells me it was ridden, not just ridden, but ridden a good amount. Everything loosened up, maintained and not clogging away with stale fuel.

Seller was great guy and was a pleasure to do business with.

Now far as the bike. My bike history is as follows 2001 Suzuki Savage LS650, then a 2002 Honda Shadow (still have it, for now), then added a second bike, a 2003 Sporster (which I hated, it broke and stranded me constantly, ate money instead of eat up miles). I've put on 23,000 miles on my Shadow since I've had it. Been a great bike, flawless runner and always runs.

But the power difference between the Versys and my Shadow is the difference immeasurable! I've been used to having to roll on a good bit of throttle and still not really go anywhere doing so.

This bike is incredible, never ridden anything like this prior to tonight. It's like driving a Russian Lada and getting into the Saturn V.

The throttle is super sensitive and will take some getting used to. As is the acceleration, my butt left the seat in a few spots. So maneuverable!

I am in love!

Look forwards to reading and sharing with you all.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
596 Posts
Nice! Welcome!

I was impressed with the Versys' handling. Coming off sportbikes, it's a blast riding around on something, sitting upright, but handles very sporty. It just falls into the turns.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Welcome and Enjoy the wonderful ride that the kawasaki engineers have given us (for a small price)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts