Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I am an expat living in the Philippines. I have been riding mostly big bore motorcycles in the U.S. When I moved to the Philippines, I realized that not only are Big Bore Bikes at least 30% Overpriced but they are not really practical for the types of roads in this country. By the way anything over 150cc is considered a Big Bike here..LOL. Most of the population really loves their scooters as their main mode of transportation. Yes, You can see a family of five riding on a scooter with bald tires and chugging blue or black smoke while carrying groceries.

While living here the last two years I have been looking for a motorcycle (not dirt bike or scooter) that would suit me and the environment that I ride in. I have rented (for $40USD/day) Kawasaki Vulcan S 650, HD 1200 Sporster, Honda Rebels and finally the Kawa X300.

Needless to say, When I rode the X300 on and off road, I knew this would be the perfect motorcycle for me here. I just purchased my new X300 two days ago and I have already put 105km on it.

I am hoping to have many good years riding the Kawa X300 in the Philippines.

Cheers

·
Registered
66 Posts
Welcome to the site.

In Metro I was shocked to see Moto Guzzi's used for Shakey's pizza delivery.

·
Premium Member
16,191 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank You all for the nice welcome to this forum.

I put another 105km on the X300 today but the engine break in period drives me nuts...LOL.

Riding off road in the Philippines I think is safer than riding with the on road traffic here. Uneducated riders with no licenses is quite a shock to get used to. Road signs and rules seem to be advisory only. However, I have gotten used to it after driving my car here the last two years. Having this X300 is actually perfect for the city roads and traffic conditions.

Anyone in this part of the world or visiting come say Hi.

Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
From Pariah...
"In Metro I was shocked to see Moto Guzzi's used for Shakey's pizza delivery."

Yes, Its truly amazing some of the things you see being carried on scooters. Someone forgot to tell them that scooters are not Pickup trucks. On the other hand I find it quite remarkable that they can do so much with so little. Its more Fun Here...LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts