Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I just picked up my Versys a week ago. It is an 08 with 7500 on the clock.
First impressions have been very positive. I do plan to ad some personal touches to it as money allows.

A bit about me. I am 40yo and I live in St.Louis and work as a Service manager at a Bicycle shop. Recently I have been working at the motorcycle shop where I picked up my bike as a Mechanic just doing the little stuff (tires, oil changes, etc) I have had a few bikes in the past and my wife rides an 07 SV650.,

I look forward to learning from you guys and hopefully I can contribute to the knowledge base.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
:welcome:

Used to live not to far from you in Winfield. Have lots of relatives in the St.Louis area..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello
And you also ride an SV650 so what do you think after having ridden both.
Many "compare" the V to the Vstrom 650 other than ergo's I think a better "comparison" is the SV650.
The V is more comfortable for me. Much less pressure on my arms than the SV. And it is the Naked SV not the S.
The SV is has quite a bit more power and a lower seat. Even with the extra power it easy to launch it pretty hard without lifting the front wheel.
The V on the other hand is pretty eager to hoist the wheel. But for me the choice is clear. V for trips and commuting. SV for spirited back roads (when the wife is not on it)

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
:welcome: Used to live in Soulard - great old 1860 vintage home. Yep that's 1860. Gutted and renovated. Great home & a great neighborhood.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts