Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Versys Riders:

"Better late than never." I've had my 2009 (green) Versys for a year and a half, and I'm finally getting around to registering so I can thank all of you for all your well-informed and courteous discussions. I've learned a lot by just dropping in and learning about my Versys. Thanks for all your hard work!

The Bike:

SW Motech crash bars
Barkbusters
Tuono mirrors
R&G radiator guard
Fenda Extenda
Wolfman and Kriega luggage
Pirelli Scorpion Trails (love 'em)

Me:

Nothing special; just re-entering planet motorcycle after a 30+ year hiatus. Where I live in north central Oregon desert, it seems all we have is deserted twisties (search Oregon highway 218, for example). The Versys is the perfect bike for exploring the high desert: reliable, agile, great range and comfortable. Sometimes I'll just pull over in the middle of nowhere and soak in the scenic solitude. I even pat the Versys (aka "Rocinante") on the tank and whisper "good boy"; am I the only one that does that?

Lately I've been flirting with "the dark side". I found a 2006 SV1000S with 2,700 miles on it. Looks like brand new. Whoa! The Versys is the girl your mother wants you to marry: practical, frugal, dependable, good natured and wears comfortable shoes. The SV1KS is that slatternly cocktail waitress in spike heels with too much makeup: High maintenance, slipper clutch rattle, eats tires every 2500 miles, lousy mileage, half the range, damn near impossible to ride around town in, circus contortionist uncomfortable, make you act like a twenty-two year old, handcuff-me fast hooligan.... Some kids never grow up.

Well, that's my first post. If any of you ever get around these parts, look me up, there's a lot of blacktop out there....

Quixote

·
Premium Member
16,220 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
774 Posts
Saw your bike on PNWriders and was wondering if you would be keeping it. Seems like quite a few people have gone to a bigger/badder ride then came back to the V.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Kenr74:

I'd be crazy to sell my Versys, but I'm flirting with the idea of becoming a "C" rider at ORP, and that ain't cheap. It's comical to think of me trying to wrestle a sportbike through seventeen turns a lap, but "it's never to late to have a happy childhood". Yeah, I'll probably sell the Versys.

Like many on this forum, I may sell the Versys and come to regret it. The good news is, I can come back to the fold with a newer model Versys....a yellow one!

Quixote

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Welcome aboard. As you say, better late than never. Anyone who can incorporate the word slatternly into a post is certainly worthy of remaining a member even if you should experience temporary insanity and sell you Versys. :thumb: :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome guys!

I'm not leaving the forum; hell, I just got here. I'll keep you guys amused as I chronicle my misadventures on and off the track. Stay tuned; this could get interesting....

Quixote

1 - 7 of 7 Posts