Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello. Bought myself an Versys in October, brand new 2008-model. The Candy-Lime green! Have managed to get 450km on the odometer now. Due to bad weather (read snow and rain), my Versys is now parked in the garage and awaits spring. Just wanted to say hi to everyone here! Bifogar a picture of the beauty!

/ Daniel, Skåne, Sweden!

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
Bike looks good next to that gorgeous swedish girl .........( hint-hint) . Welcome to the fun house , we look forward to some more pics of the swedish countryside and riding roads .

·
Registered
624 Posts
Daniel,

Ice spikes and heated grips?......Na wait for the warm weather.
24f at my home today what is it at yours?

P.S. Your spelling is better that most of ours!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bike looks good next to that gorgeous swedish girl .........( hint-hint) . Welcome to the fun house , we look forward to some more pics of the swedish countryside and riding roads .
Hehe, we'll see what we can do about the girl... But pictures of the countryside is something that we can arrange! :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Daniel,

Ice spikes and heated grips?......Na wait for the warm weather.
24f at my home today what is it at yours?

P.S. Your spelling is better that most of ours!
Thanx! I'll wait for the warm weather! At least it's closer to spring than winter, it feels like it anyway... Today we have -0c or 32f outside. Not ideal for Versys-riding.. :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Welcome to the group! That's a fine looking bike you have (but aren't all Versys fine looking). Your note says you're from southern Sweden. Well if you're in the south it should be warm, at least 2 or 3 C - perfect riding weather. :joke: 'hope you enjoy your Versys as much as the rest of us have.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm thinking of buying a new 2010 Versys. I got to check them out for the first time at the long Beach cycle show, I really liked it. I didn't get to test drive one, (all full).
Did you guys test drive one first, or can I go with my gut feeling that it's nice?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome to the group! That's a fine looking bike you have (but aren't all Versys fine looking). Your note says you're from southern Sweden. Well if you're in the south it should be warm, at least 2 or 3 C - perfect riding weather. :joke: 'hope you enjoy your Versys as much as the rest of us have.
Hehe, thanx for the welcoming. Took a little ride the other day, but i didn't want to get my V dirty, so we took our oldbike, an 2002 Ktm 640, here in Sweden the people who takes care of the roads use salt as a defroster, don't know if thats used in the states or other places. But it makes the bikes dirty as hell! :mad:. But if the roads are dry and the sun shines it's a perfect day for a Versys-Ride! And thats najs! (nice) :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm thinking of buying a new 2010 Versys. I got to check them out for the first time at the long Beach cycle show, I really liked it. I didn't get to test drive one, (all full).
Did you guys test drive one first, or can I go with my gut feeling that it's nice?
Go with the gut-feeling, that's what i did! Took a test-ride and i must say, the Versys is the best bike i've ridden! It's freakishly funny to ride. And beautiful to, that goes for the new V-modell to...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Welcome! I me and my brother own cars from Sweden (two Saabs). How is life in the moose country?
Thanx! Well, Saab is maybe not the best brand to own thesedays...:) But they are nice cars, have owned 4 Saab 9000:s. But now, as the loyal swed that i am, it's all about Volvos in the driveway. Have myself one 1989 Volvo 240 and one 1990 Volvo 745! Good cars.. Life is good here, but haven't seen any mooses latley, but we have a deer-pack just outside the yard!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hehe, thanx for the welcoming. Took a little ride the other day, but i didn't want to get my V dirty, so we took our oldbike, an 2002 Ktm 640, here in Sweden the people who takes care of the roads use salt as a defroster, don't know if thats used in the states or other places. But it makes the bikes dirty as hell! :mad:. But if the roads are dry and the sun shines it's a perfect day for a Versys-Ride! And thats najs! (nice) :D
Yes they use salt here too. Nasty stuff but it works. I've had my bike a couple of years now so I ride it in anything - as long as the roads aren't icy :badidea:

Two other thoughts. How do you pronounce najs? Would it be the same as "nice". What part of Sweden are you in? In the 1890's my family moved from Lund to here. My father was the first generation born in the US.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I would definitely get a good test drive. No bike is for everyone. Before I bought mine I test rode 4 different bikes and drove the V three times. I think a bike is too big a purchase to do without trying it out first.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes they use salt here too. Nasty stuff but it works. I've had my bike a couple of years now so I ride it in anything - as long as the roads aren't icy :badidea:

Two other thoughts. How do you pronounce najs? Would it be the same as "nice". What part of Sweden are you in? In the 1890's my family moved from Lund to here. My father was the first generation born in the US.
Yes, it's pronounced the same as "nice". Here in Sweden we like to swedishfy some english words, as "mail" equals "mejl" for instance.. I live a bit more to the south, almost as far as you can get. Just outside a small town by the name of Vellinge (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vellinge). My gf:s parents moved to Lund about a year ago, small town/city, but it's quite nice. Do you have any relatives who still lives there?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts