Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been sneaking in and out on this forum for a couple of months now, collecting interesting info on the Versys and I feel it’s about time I introduced myself. My name is Anders. I live in Sweden, quite close to Stockholm. I bought my 2011 V in October. So far I have put approx. 2 000 km on the meter. I use my bike mainly to commute to/from work and for shorter pleasure trips during the weekends. Sometimes I go for a two or three day spin with family and friends. My previous bike was a 2008 Yamaha XT660 and I must say that this is an improvement.

My XT660 had been good to me during the years and I had no intention whatsoever to get a new bike. Until one day in late August. I found an ugly green bike parked right where I used to park my bike, just outside work. It looked like a Cyclop (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclops) in the front and I was thinking: What a weird creature is this? It said Kawasaki on the decals and when I came to my office I began to Google Kawasaki and explore the internet to find out more about the thing. I found lots of positive articles and tests. Some weeks later I had made a decision. I was going to sell my friend, the XT, and buy a new bike. So I did. Here I am now - a most content owner of a beautiful yellow Kawasaki Versys. Can’t wait for the spring to arrive…:yeahsmile:

As most of you out there have realized there is some room for improvement and personalization when I comes to the V. So far I have got:
-Heated grips (Heaterz)
-Givi windshield
-Foot peg lowering kit (from Motowerk – thanks to this forum)
-Rear Hugger (Black, from Bodystyle)
-Fender extender (Fenda Extenda)
-Givi Top Box w. brake light and a Rack to put it on
-Xenon conversion of the dip

Waiting to show up in the mail:
-Evotech Radiator Guard (why doesn’t Kawasaki put one on from the start?)
-Swingarm Spools
-some extra Windscreen Wellnuts and Plastic Washers in order to be able to adjust the Windscreen more easily, and
-a couple of Mirror Riser/Extenders because I know what my shoulders look like.

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
:welcome:

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
:welcome:My first impression of the versys was what a weird looking bike but have got used to the cyclops.

·
Registered
89 Posts
:welcome:
I almost did like you when I wanted to sell my previous SV650S. I wonder what it was, made a test at my local dealer and now... in love with my V :D

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Welcome! Does the peg lowering kit make much difference in comfort? Does it affect cornering clearance noticeably?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Many thanx for a heartly welcome:clap:
Yes, to me the lowering kit really made a difference. I felt somewhat compressed on the V before putting them on (though only 180 cm short in my socks). I do not notice any cornering difference due to lack of clearance. Haven't pushed the bike that far yet...

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Yes, to me the lowering kit really made a difference. I felt somewhat compressed on the V before putting them on (though only 180 cm short in my socks). I do not notice any cornering difference due to lack of clearance. Haven't pushed the bike that far yet...
I agree with Anders. The lowering kit makes riding more comfortable. I'm the same height (about 5' 10" to us non-metric types) and I'm much less likely to suffer thigh cramps. Of course, it could be simply that my upper-middle-age legs are more prone to that in the first place. :eek:

I also replaced the stock foot pegs with Kawa Concours pegs and like the results. Better purchase for my not-so-small boots. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts