Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Hello from Southern California High Desert

856 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  fasteddiecopeman 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have ridden off road most of my life and have raced in the desert and done some enduros. I have very little street experience and did not enjoy the large powerful street bikes I rode. I have owned many dirt bikes but mostly a CRF450R and my one street bike was an SV650 and at that time I did not love being on the street, so I sold it quickly. I would prefer to jump a triple on an MX track versus dealing with a car turning left in front of me.

I bought an X300 last week however I have not picked it up yet. I ordered most of the stock accessories and I am waiting for those to come in. I am hoping this Versys will be a good match for me. I think eventually I will get a vulcan S cruiser to match this. I also have a KLR250 I plan to let my son ride with me mostly off road.

If anyone wants to ride I am very much up for it. I also love photography so I am sure I will post lots of photos.

#3 ·
:welcome:

As a side note, if you haven't researched already, here's a video between the Vulcan S, Harley Street and the Honda CTX. They all have their +'s and -'s. As a former CTX owner I would take a CTX over the other two in a heartbeat. But, that's me and for what I was looking for in a motorcycle at the time.

Regardless, congrats on your new Versys!

#5 ·

As a side note, if you haven't researched already, here's a video between the Vulcan S, Harley Street and the Honda CTX. They all have their +'s and -'s. As a former CTX owner I would take a CTX over the other two in a heartbeat. But, that's me and for what I was looking for in a motorcycle at the time.

Regardless, congrats on your new Versys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93XbxQinOm8

Thanks. The CTX does look nice. Its in my watch list. I am not in a hurry on that one. I will spend some time with my Versys for a while first.

#4 ·
Reactions: Scott Zinda
#6 ·

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.