Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Johann here from SC. I bought a used 2008 Versys last week. I rode a Honda Shadow 750 before that. Wow, what a difference in the riding experience.

I hope to learn from the veteran Versys riders here.

Johann

·
Premium Member
16,198 Posts
:welcome: Love your state. Have lived in Yemassee,Dorchester,Summerville then bought a house in Moncks Corner...

·
Premium Member
16,198 Posts
We're actually quite close to where you used to live. We call Beaufort our home.
Use to go to Beaufort all the time. The road from Yemassee to Beaufort had huge Live Oaks Trees with Spanish Moss hanging all over the limbs that made for a beautiful ride. Hadn't been down that road sine Hurricane Hugo in the late 80's so not sure if the trees are the same. Sure do miss the "Boiled Peanuts" :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Use to go to Beaufort all the time. The road from Yemassee to Beaufort had huge Live Oaks Trees with Spanish Moss hanging all over the limbs that made for a beautiful ride. Hadn't been down that road sine Hurricane Hugo in the late 80's so not sure if the trees are the same. Sure do miss the "Boiled Peanuts" :)
Although there have been many changes in Beaufort county over the years, the oaks (and spanish moss) are still there on old Sheldon Church road.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Is the Bananas Bar still in Beaufort? Loved that area including Charleston and Savannah Georgia. :welcome:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think there used to be a Bananas bar on Bay street, but that's been gone for a while now.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Welcome, Johann. Nice to know there is a Beaufortonian among us. Contributors here are knowledgeable, helpful and frequently amusing, if not downright hilarious. Much to learn; much to enjoy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts