Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just purchased my 2013 Versys back in July and I'm looking for help/inspiration for mods and overall bike maintenance. This is my 2nd bike, I just got into riding with an old 1986 Yamaha Radian that I purchased 2 years ago (and it still sits in the garage).

Anyway, I found this site looking at my options for luggage mounting. I want to get a top case that doesn't look like **** or break the bank and also add some panniers (been looking at Tusk's offerings, but not sure how to mount).

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome thanks! I actually made the account so I could message you about that... and now I'm seeing the guy with the 30mm ammo cans attached. Can't wait to get more involved in this forum!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Welcome from San Antonio, Texas. Where exactly in the Bay Area? I've a very long time friend who lives in Livermore. During the last visit he showed me some spectacular riding roads.

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
Awesome thanks! I actually made the account so I could message you about that... and now I'm seeing the guy with the 30mm ammo cans attached. Can't wait to get more involved in this forum!
The way I mounted both sets was using bolts/nuts, so NOT really easy to remove. I'm sure there's a BETTER way to mount them that will allow removal.

OTOH - they self-remove quite easily when you low-side on the Dempster Hwy S of Inuvik...,

BUT I don't recommend that method.

:eek:

:(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The way I mounted both sets was using bolts/nuts, so NOT really easy to remove. I'm sure there's a BETTER way to mount them that will allow removal.
Haha, yeah I think that will definitely be the major challenge once I decide on the racks and boxes. I've got access to a welder and full shop so I'm hoping I can rig up something that will work.

Arion said:
Where exactly in the Bay Area? I've a very long time friend who lives in Livermore. During the last visit he showed me some spectacular riding roads.
Currently in the city, but I grew up in the east bay near Livermore. There are definitely some great roads out here, I'm still relatively new to this addiction, but it seems I can drive ~45mins in any direction for some nice twisties and views.

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
:welcome:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts