Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Versys 2 weeks and almost 500 miles ago. This afternoon the 4K rev limit for breakin will be past and I so want to go at least 65.

I had a 2005 V-Strom until Sept when some one ran into me and I had to replace it.

It is still 100% stock. I think I will add a slider soon. Possibly the Kawasaki one in the dealer catalog. I wish the back was more of a rack to strap things to instead of a seat that no one will likely use. I already have Cortech soft bags and would like some kind of frame to keep the bags positioned. I suppose I will read posts here to look for more ideas.

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
616 Posts
I wish the back was more of a rack to strap things to instead of a seat that no one will likely use.
Hi. I've got a similar story to yours. I'm used to having a Givi trunk in back. Just got my Versys. Tempted to try to mount a Givi adapter to the pillion seat--but I'll probably just buy an SW Motech rack. Right now I'm using a tail bag.

·
Registered
221 Posts
:welcome:

Congrats on the new bike.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Welcome.

I had a last minute idea for my soft panniers. Got a couple of metal (aluminum) hangers, bend them and strap them to my Givi Top box rack with cable ties. Ugly but it works. No one sees it unless the bags are removed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts