Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

A bit late posting here, but I purchased my 2014 Versys 650 ABS (green, of course) about a year ago. Have gone on a couple adventure rides on it after bolting up some SW-Motech armor, but the bike is otherwise stock and running great. Next steps are to fit some TKC-80's to really get some offroad traction :)

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Yeah those stock street tires won't help you much on the tough stuff. Gravel or fire roads you can get by, but if you are considering doing trails like whats in your picture the TKC's will help. It still requires an off-road rider skillset, but good tires will for sure help. Just be prepared the get MAYBE 5K miles on the rear before it needs to be changed. You might want to consider getting some hand guards as well. They really help protect the levers during the dirt naps :)

·
Premium Member
16,251 Posts
:welcome: The bike was just tired and took a nap....

·
Super Moderator
19,780 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

BTW - MOST of us put OUR Vs onto the sidestand when we take pics. It's on the LEFT side, and I see it in your pic....

:wink2:

:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hah, thanks for the warm welcome, all. Is that what the side stand is for? :grin2:

I've mounted some barkbuster-style handguards, which should help prevent broken levers. Also have some Uni pod filters that I'm going to slip over the airbox intakes for that extra bit of dust/dirt ingress protection. The stock filter seems pretty flimsy... Also got my hands on a second wheelset for a good price, so instead of trying to find a street/dirt compromise tire, i'm going to run one wheelset at each extreme. The parts collection in the garage grows steadily...

Also managed to kill the stock horn when I dropped the bike in a mud puddle, so purchased a dual tone PIAA horn that is loud as hell! :surprise: Should help keep those cagers at bay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts