Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lurking around here for some time now and I thought maybe it's time I should join. I traded my FJR 1300 for a 2018 Versys 650LT last January. Man, what a motorcycle. It's so much easier to handle (I'm pretty old, you see. I thought about posting in the Oldest Versys Rider thread but someone has me beat by a couple of months.)

So far I've added a rear hugger, Hepco & Becker center stand, Madstad windscreen, Fiamm highway blaster horn and Kaoko throttle lock. Probably some other stuff that I'm too lazy to look up right now. My next will be to modify the seat by removing some of the foam toward the rear.

Thanks for having me.

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

...I thought about posting in the Oldest Versys Rider thread but someone has me beat by a couple of months....
You SHOULD anyway.

:smile2:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, so I guess I have to post again to let the system know I'm not a spammer or a robot. Is that right?

Anyway I went for a quick ride this morning since yesterday was so crappy. There was supposed to be a poker run for charity yesterday but it got canceled due to weather. It's summer here in Florida and the weather changes quicker than... The saying is "if you don't like the weather just wait fifteen minutes", but that's why they make rain suits, huh? I don't really mind riding in the rain but I really don't like starting out when it's raining.

O.K. that is post two.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Welcome, I used to live in Sarasota back in the 50's. Yeah, I am an older guy too ;-)

Randy

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Welcome from another older rider. Not quite as old as Fasteddie and one or two others but I'm what a friend calls Version 7.3. Enjoy your newfound "what a motorcycle" and ride safely so you can get even older!:wink2:

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
:welcome:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts