Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I just dropped my deposit on a new 2013 Versys in the white/black/red combo. So psyched! I think I may have overpaid quite a bit for it, but what the hell - I have been looking to buy a new, comfortable (non carb) commuter bike for a while and so happy that I am here now and best of it, I am going to ride the top of my 3 choices.

Now I need to sell my BMW F650 CS ABS. Was a wonderful starter bike, and I still love it, but the V is going to be a whole new experience, I could just feel it in the throttle response. Have been reading so much about it for the past few years as I was riding:blah: the funduro.

So excited to be here, been like 3 years waiting!

cheers,

Jaxciz

·
Premium Member
16,327 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hope you enjoy the V but I did love my 02 650 BMW GS but it was to pricey to replace with a newer bmw but no regrets on the versys at all. The GS had 120,000km on it.
That was absolutely the case. I LOVED and will continue to LOVE my 650 CSA. I did a lot of work on it, and opening it up and figuring out wiring problems was such a bludy mess and I got tired of it especially when I couldn't do something and had to take it to BMW. I was thinking of upgrading to the F800GS but they start at $14k... that bike is for the rich because for the price I'd pay for the V I get wayyy more value

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you!

BMW are a class of their own , but $$$ is a always a problem.
Absolutely, they are a class of their own but I reckoned, why not rent a BMW once in a while, and own a Versys. I mean it is 60% of the price. Even if I did 30 rental days (10 3 day weekends <-- that's many years for me) the rental costs (including all the touring gear) makes it cheaper to own a Versys than a BMW.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Welcome. I was down in SanFran with the family last summer and couldn't help but think what a great city for the Versys.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the kind welcome, I'm loving it here reading your posts and pictures. So ancy for a delivery!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome and Congratulations - you will LOVE the Versys! Not trying to hijack the post, but I'll be in San Francisco next weekend to work at the Aerostich San Francisco Experience - a 9 day pop-up event where Aerostich will be showcasing all of our latest gear for riders to try on. We'll have factory fitting experts on hand to ensure you get the right size and best possible fit. (BTW the Versys featured in the Aerostich videos is me... :) ) For more info visit www.aerostich.com/popupsf Hope to see you there!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.