Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my new member post and introduction.

I am an old guy that lives in Santa Cruz, California and who likes to ride quickly and often (about 10,000 miles a year). I also manage a local motorcycle group website with over one hundred members. I am retired and have operated my Motorcycle Group Maintenance Shop called 'The Dude Shack" since 2005.

I ride a 2015 Yamaha R1 as well as a 2008 Yamaha WR250X. I started riding when I was 13 years old on dirt bikes. My first bike was a 1965 Honda CB160. Since 2004 I have concentrated on Yamaha R1's but have ridden many other models in the past. I have done three (3) track days at nearby venues and encourage all other riders to do so too.

The reason I joined this forum is to help a riding buddy part-out his crashed 2015 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS. Most of these bike parts are for sale and I will be attempting to sell them here and other places. If you are interested then please contact me.

Also, let me know if you live nearby and want to connect with either our group or the shop and I will be happy to help.

Ride swell...

·
Premium Member
9,109 Posts
Welcome From Canada

:welcome:to the forum. FYI , if this shop is a hobby or a club , no problem. If it is a business, that you make a living at , full time work then please say so, I can edit out or you can edit out any link with your business. This site can't be used to advertise a active business using this log in method, you need to use the contact us at the bottom of the page.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome.

I also rode a new 1996 Kawasaki ZX-6R. That was my second purely street bike. The first was a salvaged 1991 Suzuki Bandit 400. My next Kawasaki was a 1999 ZX-9R that was a wheelie monster. From there I went to a 2001 Suzuki GSX-R1000 and my first track day. I finally switched to Yamaha R1's in 2004 and have owned that model year plus 2008, 2010 and now a 2015.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How do you get notified that there was a reply to your post if you are not logged into the forum?

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
How do you get access to post items for sale? Can anyone help?
Either thru a PM, or you CAN include your e-mail address, and ask people to contact thru that.

How do you get notified that there was a reply to your post if you are not logged into the forum?
See above REPLY....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I LOVED riding through Santa Cruz on my way down through Bonny Doon. The beach is absolutely beautiful. Lucky guy.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Welcome..............PM means "private message". Just click on someone's name and you can message them.

What color was the wrecked bike? I have a cracked right side fairing (where the turn signal attaches) and might be interested in that piece.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Help!

Duffy,

The only way I can get back to this PM is to use the link I got from your response gmail message. How in the heck do you get to this PM on the forum?

Rich.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Tools-> Quick Links -> Private Messages

See the upper menu on this page and start where it says TOOLS.

I too am looking for a right side fairing for a 2010-2014 bike.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts