Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I just purchased an '09 leftover on April 3rd. I went with a green one, of course. I've got about 450 miles on her so far and I love it. The infamous dash noise I've read about on here started for me at about the 400 mile mark, but other than that I have no complaints and it sounds like a fairly simple fix. This is only my second year riding the highways, however I've been riding dirt bikes since I was 10 and I still do now at 36. It just gets a little tougher to pick myself up out of the dirt every year but I do still enjoy it. I spent last summer riding around on an '05 Suzuki DRZ400SM, very fun bike, just wasn't comfortable enough for the longer rides that I wanted to go on with my friends, so I decided to upgrade. Initially I was looking into getting a V-Strom but availability seems to be an issue with them right now. When I walked into the dealership, they had three '09 Versys' there which I had seen before but I guess I forgot about them until I saw them again that day. The price was right, and a week later it was mine.

·
Registered
212 Posts
There's another green one located just a bit south of you in Pine Grove - mine!

I've been riding dirt since I was 14 and pretty much had dual sports all my life. The V is a very cool bike, I am very pleased with mine. It sits like a dual sport but moves like a crotch rocket. (compared to a dual sport bike that is) I still ride the dirt every weekend, race a bunch of enduros and do a few DS events too.

Let me know if you want to ride some time. I'm in the process of planning a one day ride of about 100 miles which will be almost all back roads and visit 13 covered bridges. Got the route mapped, just need to get it downloaded into he GPS, then it just takes a nice day that I'm not busy riding the Husky.

Mike

·
Registered
459 Posts

I've been riding dirt since I was 14 and pretty much had dual sports all my life. The V is a very cool bike, I am very pleased with mine. It sits like a dual sport but moves like a crotch rocket. (compared to a dual sport bike that is) I still ride the dirt every weekend, race a bunch of enduros and do a few DS events too.

Let me know if you want to ride some time. I'm in the process of planning a one day ride of about 100 miles which will be almost all back roads and visit 13 covered bridges. Got the route mapped, just need to get it downloaded into he GPS, then it just takes a nice day that I'm not busy riding the Husky.

Mike
And another a little bit more south of both of you.

Sounds like a fun ride Mike. If I can't join you maybe you could send me that route.

·
Registered
212 Posts
And another a little bit more south of both of you.

Sounds like a fun ride Mike. If I can't join you maybe you could send me that route.

Yeah you're not that far south and I see you're along the big river.

I'm shooting for the first weekend in May, either Saturday or Sunday will work for me and the nicer weather day will probably be the winner, unless someone wants to join me that has a preferance. I will probably post a thread in the rides section once I get all the details worked out.

I don't have any mapping software so I'm still trying to work all the bugs out with finalizing the route and getting it into the GPS. I had it all mapped on Mapquest then I ran into a snag getting it into the GPS. I'm hoping to work on it again this weekend.

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Mike
Thanks for the invite Mike, depending on what I have going on I might be able to do that. If not for that ride, I'm sure we could get together sometime for a ride. What route do you have planned? Covered bridges, sounds like you're either heading up my way or toward the Lancaster area.

Eric

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yeah I'm heading up your way. Looks like a total of 12 covered bridges, 2 in Schuylkill County and the rest in Columbia County.

Mapquest isn't the greatest tool for route planning and I'm too cheap to buy real mapping software, so I aborted the route planning altogether.

I got the locations of each bridge marked and saved in my GPS, so the trip will be from point to point via the GPS. The route will be determined as I go, opting for the road less traveled.

I'll put a post over in the Group Ride Section.

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts