Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a newbie rider and I was swayed into buying a Versys by this forum; Reading posts about how much fun it is to ride and how it's pretty much an all-around powerhouse I couldn't resist going to my local dealer and checking it out for myself. I originally was going to pick up the 650r or the sv650 because I preferred the look but the performance and comfort of the Versys made it a no brainer. I pick it up on Saturday because my insurance broker isn't available to meet me until late friday night and I'm presently resisting the temptation to go down to the dealer to look at it right now ;) especially since I purchased it a week ago thinking my broker was going to be available on monday morning... I want to say thanks to everyone that's posted here because you took what was a difficult decision for me to make and made it a really simple one and it's amazing to have a compendium of accessories and advice for the bike thanks to the time a lot of you have put into helping people in this community. :clap:

I must admit that I spent a day when I first decided to purchase the bike looking to replace the fairings to "fix" the front end by hiding a little more of the forks... But, the more pictures I see, and more time I spend in the shop visiting my bike, the more I'm starting to like the appearance, might still purchase and undertail but that may be it for cosmetics... well, to be honest, if I do come across something to cover more of the forks, I might pick it up but I'd be far more hesitant that before. I'm just really excited to get in on the road.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a thread in the cosmetic section called "Lower Fairings" where I talked about the one fairing I had found. Bearonabike found a link with a great picture of it but you may notice that the fairing doesn't look so great on the bike. Personally I now love the way the V looks as a half naked so I doubt I'll change anything at all.. it's quite a unique bike and I think it's another aspect that makes it so interesting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts