Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my '12 Versys back in February of this year. It had about 5400 miles when I got it now it has 8000 miles. The previous owner had put Vance Hines CSOne slip on, and a Wisco fuel programmer which I'm thinking of replacing with something better. I love my Versys, just needs a couple of things here and there to fit me better.

Bike at the dealer

A small trip out to the coast through the Red Woods

·
Registered
601 Posts
love the photo with the bike in front of the tree...

Glad to hear you're enjoying the V. There are many ways to make the bike fit your needs...

Ride safe and have fun!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Welcome! Nice bike....I have the same one, the yellow/black really stands out...it's a high vis bike!

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
:welcome: Nice looking color scheme IMHO. Almost as nice as red. :D

Eddie, to answer your question, Oregon invented rain. I remember while attending Pacific University (west of Portland) as an undergraduate that I didn't see the sun for months at a time. Still, it's a great state, especially since Oregon began exporting its rain and collecting royalties from other states - except New Mexico, Arizona and large parts of Texas where they don't seem interested in rain at all. :D

·
Registered
202 Posts
:welcome: You have some good riding in your state so you can definitely have fun on your Versys. A group I ride with will be riding down to OR in Sept, but further west.

·
Super Moderator
19,412 Posts
...Eddie, to answer your question, Oregon invented rain. I remember while attending Pacific University (west of Portland) as an undergraduate that I didn't see the sun for months at a time. Still, it's a great state, especially since Oregon began exporting its rain and collecting royalties from other states - except New Mexico, Arizona and large parts of Texas where they don't seem interested in rain at all. :D
I used to live in Calgary, and there's a ski-hill in Banff Nat'l Park (50 miles west) called "Sunshine". I skied there for SEVERAL years BEFORE I ever saw the sun there, then found out that THAT is the reason they originally named it Sunshine....

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thank you every one, the southern part of Oregon gets its fair share of rain. I have rain gear for the months it dose rain. It has been in the upper 90's to the low 100's lately. I have to think about getting a new front tire soon, getting really close to the wear indicators. I'm going with the Michelin Pilot Road 4, already have replaced the rear with one. Might make a trip up to Washington (cut across to the 101 up the coast) got and visit my parents in Aberdeen.

Last weekend ran my Versys at the local drag strip, its going to take some time for me to get used to launching my Bike from the line. My best time in the 1/4 mile was 14.3 sec at 93 mph, the track was prepped good i could feel my boots peal from the track when staging my bike. I tried my hand at bracket racing went out in the first round, the wind shifted from a tailwind to headwind and ran 2 tenths of a second slower than my dial-in time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well a couple of weeks ago I found out that the Wiseco fuel programmer that was in my bike still had the standard settings on it when it came out of the box. I made some minor adjustments, and went to the drag strip and made a few passes and no change in ET's. I'm thinking that this "programmer" is useless. I figured I would see maybe a couple tenths of a second.

Any recommendations on a better way to go for a tuner like Power Commander.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts