Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and girls. I just joined the ranks of the happy souls who made one of the best decisions in their life and bought a Versys. Mine being a brand new 2012. I was out of motorcycling for some 40 tears, and had a big bucket list item to check off. Motorcycling. Told the wife it was now or never, and I couldn't live with never. Had a 1981 Suzuki GS 450T for my getting my feet wet bike. It was time to upgrade and the Versys fits the bill to the T.I'm looking forward to riding off into the sunset on it. :D

·
Premium Member
16,198 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Welcome! I've had mine for about 2 years now and I still love every minute on it, whether I'm riding across town, commuting, hitting the twisties, or taking her on road trips. I hope you love yours just as much!

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
:welcome: from a long ago graduate of Pacific University (Forest Grove). Hope you have a great time with the Versys.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what a week...i bought my bike last week..across the columbia eiver in vancouver washington...being a shortish kind of guy i needed the motorwerks link installed..which i got done as part of the deal...BUT it had to be ordered...few days go by and she's READY...it's also just starting to snow outside after having not been above freezing for days...ONE big snow storm (a ten to fifteen year event) and one week later..a little light rain in the 40's and she's home...25 mile/45 minute ride doesn't tell me everything..but i did learn I'M IN LOVE...what a sweet sweet ride...i won't be waiting for spring to get my initial 600 miles in...:D

·
Registered
354 Posts
what a week...i bought my bike last week..across the columbia eiver in vancouver washington...being a shortish kind of guy i needed the motorwerks link installed..which i got done as part of the deal...BUT it had to be ordered...few days go by and she's READY...it's also just starting to snow outside after having not been above freezing for days...ONE big snow storm (a ten to fifteen year event) and one week later..a little light rain in the 40's and she's home...25 mile/45 minute ride doesn't tell me everything..but i did learn I'M IN LOVE...what a sweet sweet ride...i won't be waiting for spring to get my initial 600 miles in...:D
I bought mine for the specific purpose of riding in foul weather. I worked on the deal for a couple weeks before finally pulling the trigger on December 21 of last year. By the time we finished the paperwork it was dumping buckets of rain and 40 degrees. I don't think I rode on a dry road before my 600 mile service. It's a great bike for Oregon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts