Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I don't own a Versys yet, God willing I will hopefully before we lose this beautiful weather. Any ways I have my eye on 3 different years an 09, 11, and a 2012. Is there any big difference between the years that I am looking at? Great forum btw love looking at all the setups.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Ok so I don't own a Versys yet, God willing I will hopefully before we lose this beautiful weather. Any ways I have my eye on 3 different years an 09, 11, and a 2012. Is there any big difference between the years that I am looking at? Great forum btw love looking at all the setups.
:welcome:
09 is older style. 2010 redesigned the look as well as rubber mounts to the engine. Not much difference across the board. If you like the newer look, go for a 2010+. You should be able to pick up a 2009 cheaper.:goodluck:

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
:welcome: What part of Oregon? I went to undergrad school at Pacific University in Forest Grove, west of Portland - many years ago. Nice area and nice town, at least back then. :thumb:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome! I have a yellow 2012. I like the look of the 2010+ more than the older models. I know they are all great bikes no matter what year you get. Also same question as Arion: What part of Oregon?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Welcome from Oregon. FWIW, I bought my Versys for the specific purpose of riding in poor weather, so that I wouldn't have to worry about polishing all the chrome on my Vulcan (or now my Harley Nightster). Kinda wish I'd waited since I couldn't find any decent deals on used Versys' in December I bought new. On the other hand I've been riding at least a few times every month since December. Also FWIW, I like the body style of the Newer bikes WAY more than the earlier one, IF I found a great deal on a first gen I guess it would be worth it.

·
Super Moderator
16,057 Posts
:welcome: In 2010 they started making them uglier.:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts