Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I just joined the forum to find out some more info on the Versys. I’m 53 years old and many years ago I used to race hare scrambles in north east Ohio. Things slowed down after I got married. Then I didn’t do any riding for many years because of the 3 kids that came along. Well last year when gas reached $4.00 a gallon I dug out of my shed a 1971 Honda CB 100 that I owned when I was around 16. Got it running and rode it to work just about every day that it didn’t rain. I got hooked again even though I could only go 45 mph ( stayed on the side roads). I’ve been bugging my wife about buying something a little bigger. I was looking at the 250 Supermotos that Honda, Yamaha and Kawasaki makes when my wife said that she would like to ride with me. (Wow what a surprise) Anyway I started to look for larger bikes and came across the Versys. I have been researching it on the internet and I’ve got to say I want one. Since I was a dirt bike rider I really hate the seating position on the big cruisers and the crotch rockets but the Versys looks perfect to me.

I got to sit on one last night. My wife also got on with me and gave her OK to the passenger seat. The only thing she wants is some type of backrest or bar so she can’t fall off the back. Any suggestions for that?

I’ll be shopping around the next couple of days looking for a good deal. Any suggestions on a good OTD price for a 2009?

Dave

·
Registered
496 Posts
Dave,

First of all congrats. Second, one word.. luggage. :D

Here's mine...

Loads more pics on my website (signature link.)

Welcome aboard my friend!
Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts