Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all - brand-new owner of a 2009 Versys here. Awesome bike, really have enjoyed riding it so far. I'll be hanging out here, checking out the collected wisdom of my fellow riders, and sharing some of my adventures, too. Good to be here!

·
Registered
68 Posts
welcome!

:welcome:

·
Premium Member
16,146 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Custom seats for long rides?

So, one of the first mods I want to make is a good, comfortable seat for long rides. I'm a big guy - 6'3" and 300+ lbs. - and I'd appreciate any tips from folks with personal experience!

·
Premium Member
16,146 Posts
So, one of the first mods I want to make is a good, comfortable seat for long rides. I'm a big guy - 6'3" and 300+ lbs. - and I'd appreciate any tips from folks with personal experience!

Fellow Big Guy 6'2" above and below 300lbs just depends on whats for dinner....I went through 7 seats on my Versys. I'd give the Seat Concepts a try if that doesn't work for you(it should) Then i would go with a Russell Day-Long or Baldwin Tall Seat.:goodluck::goodluck:

·
Premium Member
16,146 Posts
BTW The Seat Concepts is the least expensive option unless you re-work your own seat or take it to a local upholster.

·
Super Moderator
19,140 Posts
Check out this thread for what "jdrocks" has done. He's about your size ("weljo2001" is too!).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fellow Big Guy 6'2" above and below 300lbs just depends on whats for dinner....I went through 7 seats on my Versys. I'd give the Seat Concepts a try if that doesn't work for you(it should) Then i would go with a Russell Day-Long or Baldwin Tall Seat.:goodluck::goodluck:
Thanks! I've got a Russell on my V-Strom, and it's an amazing piece of butt non-hurt - but man, that's a long price on that thing. I'll check out Seat Concepts, much appreciated.
:thanx:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:welcome: aboard from another NYC native! I've only ever seen one or two Vs around. Now it's three, I guess. :thumb:
Hey, cool logo! I almost went to work for NASA back when... they took too long to get back to me and I got snarfed up by a space-related company, but I always wondered "what if".

Given that I just bought the V from another Brooklynite, it's a lateral shift rather than a gain in numbers. Soooo-rry! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts