Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2013 Versys this past weekend. I'll be riding it to from NY to CA in the beginning of June so I have some work to do to get ready for a cross country ride.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome! When are you riding? I will be riding to cali in the begining of June as well.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome! When are you riding? I will be riding to cali in the begining of June as well.
I'll be leaving Albany NY on 5/31 and plan to get to the LA area on 6/6. I've made the trip a few times on my Harleys and BMW but this will be the first time on a smaller bike.

·
Premium Member
16,146 Posts
:welcome: LA County here...

·
Premium Member
16,146 Posts
I'll be spending about a week in Orange County.

You'll be right next door then..I'm in Norwalk. if you want to meet up for a ride let me know.

·
Premium Member
16,146 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
You'll be right next door then..I'm in Norwalk. if you want to meet up for a ride let me know.
Thanks for the offer - I may just do that.

When I've visited CA in the past, riding was limited to paved roads so I'm looking forward to doing a bit more exploring on some of the easy forest service roads.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Welcome. Sounds like a lot of miles/day. You may want to do something with the seat before you go. That fresh hard saddle is gonna be a little rough. Good luck and post some pics when you get to the other coast.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
19,140 Posts
Just picked up a 2013 Versys this past weekend. I'll be riding it to from NY to CA in the beginning of June so I have some work to do to get ready for a cross country ride.
Break it in FAST (check "break-in-secrets" here: http://mototuneusa.com/thanx.htm), change oil/ filter. Do it AGAIN. Then you ARE ready to fill 'er up and GO...!

:yeahsmile:

:welcome:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome from Saratoga. I have an 09, but you'll probably put as many miles on in a week and half as I've put on in four years.

Mike

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome. Sounds like a lot of miles/day. You may want to do something with the seat before you go. That fresh hard saddle is gonna be a little rough. Good luck and post some pics when you get to the other coast.
Yeah, the seat definitely needs some work. I'll probably remove the cover, add/remove some foam, and do some reshaping. Hopefully, I'll be able to get it "good enough" before I start my trip.

In past trips on the Harley and BMW, 600-800 mile days were "normal". To make it from NY to CA in 7 days, I'll only need to average about 400 miles/day so I should be fine.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome from Saratoga. I have an 09, but you'll probably put as many miles on in a week and half as I've put on in four years.

Mike
It should be around 3,000 miles in 7 days.

You really need to get out and ride more often. As you know, there are some great places to ride around here. Let me know if you want to meet up for a ride some time.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Heres my video channel so if you see an area you might want to check out...https://www.youtube.com/user/weljo2001
I always take a ride or two over the Ortega Highway and I've ridden the Angeles Crest Hwy as well. Both are great rides. I'd like to take a ride up Palomar Mtn. someday. I'm sure there are many other great rides as well and welcome any suggestions that are good day rides around Rancho Santa Margurita.

·
Registered
180 Posts
After you've done breaking in the engine, you might want to change your rear sprocket to 44t since you will be doing considerable highway riding.

:goodluck: Gerald

1 - 20 of 25 Posts