Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

hello from northern michigan

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  fasteddiecopeman 
#1 ·
hey there, not a versys owner yet, been riding my ninja 250 for a few years now, and its finally time to upgrade. its taken a long time to figure out exactly what i want out of my next bike, and i've looked at pretty much everything out there. all my looking has led me to the versys. its really the only bike out there that has exactly what i'm looking for and also looks good :D. i've been lurking the forum for a few months and its finally time to join. hopefully should be able to pick one up this summer and i'm really excited about it. i plan to set it up for mild offroad (fire trails and light singletracks) because i really miss my old enduro. i can only afford to own one bike at the moment, and this one seems to be able to do everything i want.

thanks for all i've already learned from you all and thanks in advance for what i'm sure to learn in the future!

#2 ·
:welcome:

#7 · (Edited)
i bet! been across the bridge a bunch but always wanted to do it on a bike. once i get my V i'll have more motivation to take longer journeys :D

by chance were you in town for cherry festival? i love going up into canada and our upper peninsula. beautiful country up your way.

i haven't seen one versys on the road here

#8 ·
We got into town a little later on July 10, walked from the Howard Johnson's and just missed the parade downtown. Made up for it though at the Brew Pub:)

We left the next morning driving back through Petoskey and Harbor Springs with a quick stop in Mackinac City.

Good luck with your Versys. Going on a Lake Superior tour ride this Thursday for 3.5 days. Starting in Michigan, up to Duluth Mn., crossing back into Canada, Thunder Bay, then Wawa Ontario before arriving home.

#9 ·
thats cool man! i love this area, i grew up here but i've been around a bit and i've always come back. theres just so many sights to see, and a ton of great riding to be had especially on a bike like the versys. many of the best roads for riding around here are secondary roads and county roads so they aren't usually very smooth. you need a bike that has a bit of suspension travel. the ride up through petoskey is pretty nice though. i can't begin to explain how jealous i am of your upcomming trip :guilty: i've been to thunder bay about 10 years ago on a canoeing adventure

#11 ·
...i plan to set it up for mild offroad (fire trails and light singletracks) because i really miss my old enduro. i can only afford to own one bike at the moment, and this one seems to be able to do everything i want....
Welcome! Be sure to look at crash-bars, skid-plate and handguards for off road, for WHEN it 'falls over' :cool: - here's a pic of my '09, all "kitted-up", running Metzler Tourance tires.

Attachments

#13 ·
thanks! and yeah i've already been looking :D planning on the SWMotech crash bars, definitely handguards, skidplate eventually, and when the stock tires run out i'm thinking about the pirelli mt60's

nice lookin bike BTW! i'm probably going to get the bike brand new (i really want a white 2013 model but if my dealer can't find one i'll just get whatever they have haha. unless i happen to find a used one near me. i only want 2011+ though, not as much a fan of the first gen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.