Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy to be here with you gents.

This is my third year riding and I just picked up a brand new Versys-X 300. As strange as it may sound, I went from a 750 down to the 300. Something about having 13k rpms that I can actually use and shift through on a much lighter bike just makes for way more exciting rides. I'm embarrassed to admit that I dropped my new bike (first time I ever dropped a bike and it was with my brand new one!), so I already had to open the engine to adjust a shifting fork.

I'm definitely looking for friends to go on group rides if anyone is in the area! I have some plans to go motocamping (motonapping) in some national parks here within the next few months, and a ride through the Appalachians to South Carolina this summer

·
Registered
336 Posts
Happy to be here with you gents.

This is my third year riding and I just picked up a brand new Versys-X 300. As strange as it may sound, I went from a 750 down to the 300. Something about having 13k rpms that I can actually use and shift through on a much lighter bike just makes for way more exciting rides. I'm embarrassed to admit that I dropped my new bike (first time I ever dropped a bike and it was with my brand new one!), so I already had to open the engine to adjust a shifting fork.

I'm definitely looking for friends to go on group rides if anyone is in the area! I have some plans to go motocamping (motonapping) in some national parks here within the next few months, and a ride through the Appalachians to South Carolina this summer
Nothing weird about downsizing! I went from a ZX 1400 to a 650 Versys.

re: dropping the bike. It happens to prolly 90% of us, you just got it out of the way early. I'd suggest crash bars/engine protectors.

otherwise, welcome!

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Hello and welcome from San Antonio, Texas. Don't feel bad, it's not a matter of if you'll drop your pride and joy, it's a matter of when. I suspect that's why "crash bars" are so popular. And as long as you're OK the damaged bits on the bike can be replaced.

Oh yes, thank you a thousand times over for not saying "I had to lay it down," or "I laid it down." Every time I hear, or read of, someone saying that I can't help but think why would anyone intentionally sacrifice control and become a hapless passenger. "I crashed" is so much easier to say.

·
Premium Member
16,216 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. Funnily enough, I dropped my brand new bike my third year of riding. I purposefully learned on a bike that had been dropped before and already had scratches; I never dropped it once over two years. I buy a brand new one, feeling confident and in control, drop it within 2 weeks of owning it. I felt like such a jackass, but hey, lesson learned.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

·
Registered
27 Posts
As strange as it may sound, I went from a 750 down to the 300.
It doesn't sound strange at all. I've been up to 1450 cc and have dropped to as low as 250 cc. They all have their place, but for backroad or city riding, I think the smaller bikes are more fun to ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts